If you are a new concealed carrier, there are a few things that you may not know. Some of these things include what the objectives of best concealed carry holster or what you should ultimately look for when you are concealed carrying. Even if you know what you are looking for, it can be easy to look at a few small characteristics of a holster. This guide will help you to determine what type of holster you need for a specific handgun that you have, or deciding which accessories are the best for you; there are a few things that you must know before purchasing the equipment. Before you do anything else, you must ensure that you know what you are looking for and how to find it. This guide will provide you with the information that you will need to correctly and accurately choose the best gun holster and accessories that will suit your needs.
May you like :
Objectives of Concealed Carry
It is important that you know what aspects of a holster to look for when purchasing a concealed carry holster. There are a few things to remember when searching for the best concealed carry holster and they include: access, concealment, material and retention.
- Retention. The security of the holster should allow you to run with your gun in the holster without the worry of the firearm falling or moving around within the holster. In addition to the holster holding the weapon while you are running, it should also hold the gun in place when you are getting in and out of vehicles, upside down and any other position you may find yourself in when to conceal carrying. It is important that you have proper retention of your weapon to ensure the safety of yourself and others, to keep the element of surprise and to avoid an attacker from disarming you in the event of an attack. Retention is very important and with the proper holster, it could be the difference between life and death.
- Access. Access to your holster and your gun is very important as well. It is important that you can get to your gun and holster before any attacker can injure you or other around you. Retention and access go hand-in-hand with each other. It is important to have retention on your weapon, but it is also important that you can access the weapon and seamlessly draw the weapon from the holster. If you are not able to draw the weapon from the holster, there is no point in concealing carrying. If you are having difficulty accessing your weapon, you may need to position the holster in a different location, or you just need to practice your draw.
- Concealment. It is also very important that if you are conceal carrying your weapon, that you do so properly. The most important thing to think about when concealing your weapon is to ensure that it is concealed at all times. When you ensure that your weapon is concealed at all times, you will ensure that you will have the element of surprise in the event of an attack. Many holsters are designed for concealment, but it is important that you know what type of holster is ideal for your everyday weapon.
- Material. The material of the holster is very important when it comes to your concealed carry holster. Most holsters are made from leather, plastic, and synthetic compounds. Leather is the traditional material that is used when constructing a gun holster no matter what style of holster it is i.e. side holster, shoulder holster, ankle holster and inside the waistband holster. Leather is considered to be the best material that you can use for a holster because it is the best material to maintain shape and conform to the contours of your gun. Many say that the leather holsters are heavier than the holsters that are constructed from synthetic materials and plastic, which they are. However, the leather material is more reliable, and the weight of the holster is not a significant increase compared to the other holster materials. The strength of the leather and the durability of the holster makes this investment a solid one.
If you are familiar with the objectives of the best concealed carry holster, you are now ready to read about the characteristics of a holster that you must look for when searching for your everyday concealed carry gun holster. The next section will provide you with information as to what your everyday holster should provide to you when you are concealing a weapon.
What to Look for in a Best Concealed Carry Gun Holster
When you are in search of a concealed carry holster, it is important that you look for these characteristics to ensure that you are getting the correct holster. If you consider a holster based on these characteristics, you will most likely find the best holster that is available to you. Here are a few things to consider when you are searching for your concealed carry holster:
- Concealment- As mentioned before, concealment will allow you to respond to an attack with the element of surprise. The element of surprise could be the determining factor as to how the confrontation will play out. If you are armed and your opponent is not, most likely, the attacker will retreat, leaving you unharmed.
- Drawing- When you are armed, it is important that you are able to aim accurately and effectively when you are in danger or under attack. It is important that when you draw your weapon, you can aim directly at the target with little to no effort. The less effort you use to aim in at your target the better.
- Comfort- When you are trying out the holster that you like, it is important that you try on the holster with the weapon that the holster is intended for. You must ensure that the holster and gun assembly is comfortable to you. This is important because if the holster and the gun are not comfortable to you, you will most likely leave the weapon at home or in your car.
- Retention- Retention of your weapon is very critical when it comes to a concealed carry holster. If your holster is not able to properly retain your weapon, it is not the right holster for you. Most attacks on individuals will be an up-close and personal attack. If your holster does not properly retain your weapon, you could be looking down the wrong side of your own gun barrel. For this reason, various holsters feature thumb tabs and other internal devices such as retention straps to ensure that the weapon is securely in the holster.
- Exact Fit/ Maintains Form- When you are in search of a gun holster, it is also important that you find a holster that will be an exact fit to your gun and that it will maintain form. These characteristics will aid in retention, and it will ensure that you have a proper fitting for your weapon. A proper fit for your weapon will ensure that the holster does not wear more than necessary and that the gun and holster assembly will be comfortable to the wearer.
- Covered Trigger Guard and Safety- When you are out looking for your next concealed carry gun holster, it is important that you ensure that the holster is covering the trigger guard and that no materials present could depress the trigger. It is also important that you find a holster that will not disengage the safety of the gun. Some holsters can disengage different types of guns depending on the construction and the design of the holster.
Of course, different people have different preferences and some holster may not work well for others. It is important that before you purchase your holster, you try out the holster with your personal weapon and see how it works for you. If you have any questions for the sales associate, that is selling the holster be sure to ask those questions.
Inside the Waistband Best Concealed Carry Gun Holster
If you are looking for a gun holster that is at the waist, there are a few things that you must know when using this type of holster. This type of holster can be tricky for some, and if not used properly, it could lead to injury. The inside the waistband holster is very different than that of a holster that is carried on the side of your body using a side holster. Here are a few things to things about when using an inside the waistband concealed carry gun holster:
- Positioning of the Gun’s Grip. When you are looking for a holster that you will use for inside the waistband, it is important that you are able to grab the entirety of the gun’s grip. This means that the holster must sit high enough above the belt to ensure that you can get your whole hand around the grip. Many people make the mistake of having the holster sit too low, and this can cause you to have to readjust the grip of the weapon when you draw. When you have to readjust, you run the risk of fumbling with your gun, and it could lead you to drop the weapon.
- Reinforced Mouth. It is important that your inside the waistband gun holster is built so that the mouth of the holster remains open. If the mouth of the holster does not remain open, it could be difficult for you to draw the weapon without getting the weapon caught and it will make re-holstering the weapon very difficult. It is important that you try out the holster with your gun to ensure that it works properly for you. If you are not able to draw or re-holster your weapon with ease, it may not be a dependable holster.
- Specific Holster for Specific Guns. When you are searching for an inside the waistband holster, it is important that you look for a holster that is designed and made specifically for your weapon. A holster that is specifically made for your gun will ensure that all the safety features and the comfort are taken care of; the holsters that are one-size and fit many different weapons is not the ideal approach for a holster, and they do not work very well.
These are just a few things to consider when you are in search of an inside the waistband holster. The holster that you choose should be comfortable and correctly holster your weapon where you want it. These tips are also useful for other holsters such as the ankle holster and the shoulder holster. It is important that you can fully grab your weapon’s grip if you are attacked. This will ensure that you are properly defending yourself and that you are correctly aiming at your target.
Accessories for Your Best Concealed Carry Gun Holster
There are a few different accessories for your concealed carry gun holster; however, the most popular accessory and the most used is the gun belt. It is very important that you wear the proper gun belt when you are holstering a gun. Gun belts are available in a variety of sizes to ensure that you are getting the right sized belt for your holster. Gun belts are usually double leather belts to ensure the durability of the belt and the longevity as well. A proper gun belt will support your weapon’s weight, and it will provide you with enough vertical leverage to prevent the holster from flopping around and away from the body. It is imperative that you use a real leather gun belt for hip-holstered guns.
This guide should help you as you shop around and look for your next concealed carry holster. There are some characteristics that you must pay attention to when purchasing your gun holster and it is important that you know what you are looking for. If you do not know what you are looking for, be sure to research and ask questions to those that know what they are talking about when it comes to holstering a gun. There is much more that you need to learn about holstering a gun, and this guide will help you to begin your understanding of this topic.